Certified QA Professionals
Performance Testing is a specialized Non-Functional Testing which is required to certify the software system for Performance, Scalability, Capacity & Availability.This unique beginner level program is designed for anyone who is interested to know about Performance Testing. In this workshop, you will learn the essentials that are required for effective performance test planning & test execution followed by market popular performance testing tool, HP LoadRunner to practically implement the learnt concepts.
You will not only learn how to develop holistic thought process to strategize performance testing, but also you will learn how to design accurate & realistic tests that makes performance testing exercise meaningful for business.
You’ll learn what are performance NFRs, performance test methodology, workload model development, performance monitoring and various other performance testing concepts along with how to use HP LoadRunner tool to develop test scripts, carryout performance tests & analyze the test results.You will receive the key templates – Performance Test Plan development & Performance Test Report development which you can use in your projects.
Project Managers, Program Managers, Test Managers, QA Managers, Testers / Test Engineers, Test Consultants & Software Engineers.
This training is for anyone who wants to learn about software performance testing. Participants are expected to have exposure on Software Development Lifecycle and Software Testing.
Module 1 : Introduction to Performance Testing
- Why Performance Testing is required?
- What is Performance Testing
- Is Manual Performance Testing possible?
- Performance Testing Terminologies
- Performance Testing Benefits
Module 2 : Non-Functional Requirements
- What are NFRs?
- What are Performance NFRs?
- Need for running realistic & accurate Performance Tests
- How to select use cases for Performance testing
- What is Workload model?
- Best practices for creating a workload model
Module 3 : Performance Testing Concepts beyond Tools
- What are the Performance Test Metrics ?
- Need for Server Performance Monitoring
- Performance Monitoring Basics
- Windows Performance Monitoring using Perfmon
- What are Performance Bottlenecks ?
- Examples of Software & Hardware Bottlenecks
- Need for cross-functional team collaboration
- Does Maths play a vital role in Performance Testing?
Module 4 : Performance Test Methodology
- Performance Test Life Cycle Phases
- Key Activities during lifecycle phases
- Performance Test Deliverables
- Best Practices for setting up Performance Test Environment
- Need for 360 degree performance analysis
Module 5 : Introduction to Performance Testing Tools
- Popular Performance Testing Tools
- How Performance Testing Tools work?
- What is a Protocol?
- Protocols supported by Performance Testing Tools
- What is a Load Generator?
- Overview of Performance Testing Tool Components
- Introduction to HP Tools – LoadRunner, Performance Center & StormRunner
- Components of HP LoadRunner Tool
Module 6 : Script Development : Concepts & Tool Demo (using Vugen)
- Script Creation Workflow
- Understanding Recording Settings
- Recording User Actions
Module 7 : Test Execution & Analysis : Concepts & Tool Demo (using Controller & Analyzer)
- Creating Test Scenario
- Importance of having Ramp up , Steady State & Ramp Down regions in tests
- Manual vs Goal-oriented scenarios
- How to use Performance Monitors
- Performance Test Result Analysis
- How to analyze various Performance Graphs
- Factors to be considered during Tool Feasibility study
Module 8 : Assessment & Exercise
- Post-Training Quiz
- Practical Exercises
Please complete the form and one of our QA Expert Specialists will be in contact within 24 hours.
Alternatively, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 212-960-3812