Certified QA Professionals
This workshop brings into awareness to test engineers and test team leaders/managers the skills they need in order to succeed as professionals in today’s multicultural, out-sourcing, agile world.The daily work of a testing professional includes working with a lot of different channels such as: developers (engineers and team leaders), system administration, technical support, testing managers, product engineers and managers, quality assurance, customers, etc. Including different cultures and distributed teams – this pose a challenge on how to act, how to communicate, how to share knowledge and how to manage.
The workshop covers real life situations from communication with testing members and development members, and drill down with enhanced discussions on the communication challenges.During the workshop participants shall discuss the quality of being assertive, getting/giving feedback, how to prepare and give powerful presentations that influence people, and what types of negotiators should we become, selling testing daily.Through presentation, discussion, debate, simulation, brainstorming and questioning, we shall go through communication skills needed for a tester, and aspects of communication within an Agile team (for a tester).
We shall discuss how to communicate as testers (also within Agile Teams), and how to be productive and efficient within our working environments.
Note: The workshop may be enhanced to include additional topics such as: the evaluation meeting, giving feedback to employees, managing your career, running effective meetings, hiring a star team, etc.
Testers, testing team leaders and test managers that would like to know how to better communicate with peers and managers in order to be more relevant, efficient, effective and productive in their work.
Communication skills are amplified in recent years as testers are working closely with peers in small and intimate Agile Teams.
Through presentation, discussion, and hands-on simulations, participants will learn to:
- Understand what is communication, good communication, and daily communication in the life of testers
- Realize how good communication can help the tester in his daily job with other professional group
- Review 6 paradigms of personalities, and know how to recognize them
- Understand assertiveness, what it means and how should it reflect in our work
- Practice daily scenarios of communication through simulations
- Understand viewpoints and how to look on others viewpoints
- Discuss guidelines for a good presentation
- Understand where can we implement good communication skills along testing life cycle
- Discuss body language, and other soft-skills for good presentation
- Discuss how to negotiate, and what is a good negotiator approach
- Discuss increasing your personal abilities
- Be familiar with the test engineer or testing team leader daily work
- Be open to absorb different ideas and views, and consider changing the way he/she work in order to get better results
Please complete the form and one of our QA Expert Specialists will be in contact within 24 hours.
Alternatively, drop us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 212-960-3812