Complete Guide for Web Application Load Testing using JMeter
SHARE THIS POST
The best QA companies and providers of the best QA services state that JMeter is one of the most used open sources testing tools used for load testing and other software testing services. It enhances the performance of a browser in terms of sending requests to the web and even to application servers for different loads and is undoubtedly the most preferred tool top software testing companies.
On one’s local machine, the best QA companies say that one can scale up to an approximation of a hundred virtual users. On the other hand, one can escalate and go up to more than 100,00 virtual users with load testing and software testing service tools like JMeter.
The first question that may arise in one’s head is how to download and run the Apache JMeter in one’s computer.
The best QA companies giving the best QA services advise to keep it in mind that JMeter is a pure Java-based application, hence the computer system should have a Java version of 8 and above. There are three methods through which one can run JMeter. They are as follows:
- GUI Mode
- Server Mode
- Command line
How to configure Mozilla Firefox browser to Use the JMeter Proxy?
The best QA companies list the steps for configuring Mozilla which are listed below:
- First, launch the Mozilla Firefox browser
- Click on the Tools menu and choose Options
- Select network proxy section
- Choose settings
- Select the manual proxy configuration option and enter a value for HTTP proxy as localhost or even enter one’s local system IP address.
- Enter the port as 8080 or change the port number if 8080 port is not free.
- The final step is to click on ok
The browser is successfully configured with the JMeter proxy server.
Record the Test Script of Web Application by following these steps:
- Add a thread group to the test plan. The thread group informs the software testing service about the user flow and stimulates on how a user will behave on the app.
- Add a recording controller to this thread group and the controller should have all the HTTP requests recorded.
- Add an HTTP cookie manager to the thread group.
- Add a view box of the result tree to the thread group which will be used to see the status of the HTTP sample requests on producing the recorded script on this load testing software.
- Add a summary report, which would show the load testing results of the script.
- Go to the workbench and add the HTTP test script recorder, where one can test script recordings.
- Click on the start button to see the pop-up and then click on ok.
The best QA companies stress the importance of recording the browsing files from the web page as it is crucial to do so.
The test results as stated by the best QA services can be seen using many methods like viewing the results, getting a summary report and even forming an aggregate graph. Even though one will get the test results in a graphical view and many other easily understandable methods, using JMeter GUI is thought to be a very good practice.
GET IN TOUCH
Please complete the form and one of our QA Expert Specialist will be in contact within 24 hours.
Alternatively, drop us an email or give us a call.