Practical Risk Based Testing
Duration : 1-2 days
This workshop provides test leaders and testing managers with the main definitions, ideas, processes and tools they will need in order to exercise risk based testing in their projects and organizations.
This workshop covers the major concepts of risk based testing and risk management. During the workshop, the methodology behind RBT will be discussed, examples and excel tool templates will be provided to assist participants in their day to day work.
The risk based testing process is presented through theory, examples, discussions and (when relevant) exercises that are focused on risk based testing Identification, Selection & Planning – on one hand, and Mitigating, Tracking and Controlling – on the other hand.
This workshop is intended for professionals who deal with managing risks for the testing group. Among them are:
- Experiences Test engineers
- Test Team Leaders
- Test Managers
- Quality Officers/Engineers/managers
Through presentation, discussion, and examples, participants will learn to:
- Understand the concepts of Risk Management
- Describe Risk Based Testing principals
- Understand what Risk language propose in day to day life, and why should we talk like that
- Define where Risk Based Testing can assist in the testing life cycle
- Learn how to define Risk Analysis for the different testing topics (EXCEL tool is presented)
- Discuss test planning strategy issues in regards to Risk Based Testing
- Discuss test execution strategy issues and Risk Based Testing
Real life Case study will be presented and reports and graphs will be discussed based on that Case study.
This is not an introductory course. Participants should be familiar with/have knowledge on:
- Testing basic concepts
- Testing main processes
- Testing lifecycle
- Defect management principals
- Test requirements basics
- General knowledge of testing measurements